<$BlogRSDURL$>
Friday's Brain
Wednesday, August 25, 2004
  Back to the grind...
Well, classes start again today. In fact, I'm on campus, waiting to attend my first History of Libraries class. It should be interesting, particularly given the instructor. She's the reason I signed up for the class. In the meantime, work at NIEHS has been interesting. OCLC's Connexion service, which I use on a daily basis to try and catalog the innumerable documents and monographs that come into our possession, seems to have become demon-possessed over the last weekend. I can search and update our holdings, but I can't seem to download bibliographic or authority records at all, which is one of my primary responsibilities. Argh. I keep hoping it will heal itself. I'm not the only one having problems with it, which is comforting, yet still not satisfying.

In other news, I still need to comparison shop for textbooks on Amazon and vacuum my house. It's amazing how vacuuming is always the first thing to go when my schedule gets out of hand. Also, mom and dad got two new cats over the weekend. They've been saying for years that they wouldn't replace their pets as they aged. However, they finally lost their last cat about a month ago when Hercules succumbed to liver disease at 11. It was very sad. But I didn't figure they'd remain petless for long. Sure enough, they now have a male, 18 month, black bobtail cat and a female, 5 month grey tabby. Not sure on names yet. But Mom sent me pictures, and they're awfully cute.

Today's Weather: It's a lovely 80-some degrees here, and the undergrads are out in full force on campus tonight.

 
Comments: Post a Comment
the title of this blog is in imitation of a friend and former camp counselor's clipboard. she called it her brain. so this is mine. i imagine that it will turn out to be mostly a collection of ramblings and interesting finds, most likely read only by the author herself.

Me, at the moment...

How am I feeling?

How am I feeling?

What am I reading?

Music? All sorts.

In my free time? Mostly, studying up on my STN command-line searching skills.

Last movie I saw? Rented: Watched Batman Begins again last night at home. In a theatre: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! At the IMAX! Before that: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! In the regular theater!

How's the weather where I am?

The WeatherPixie


Blogs of people I know:

Caligulawyer

Capital City Desk

Quest for Coffee, by my buddy Daryn.

just be

Verdone Unit

Bollywool

in a loud voice


More info:

ISTJ spoken here.

Cancer sun, Cancer rising, moon in Libra.

Born in the year of the snake.

Here's what the World's Easiest Personality Test says about me!


ARCHIVES
02.04 / 03.04 / 04.04 / 05.04 / 06.04 / 07.04 / 08.04 / 09.04 / 11.04 / 08.05 / 09.05 / 03.06 / 10.06 / 11.06 / 09.07 / 07.08 /


Site Meter