<$BlogRSDURL$>
Friday's Brain
Monday, March 08, 2004
 
So, last night I'm driving home, and I see lightning over Chapel Hill. I think to myself, "Geez, that's weird. A thunderstorm in March." And I keep driving home. I call my mother, and as we're talking, I hear what I assume is the downpour starting. It sounds like a lot of rain. So I look out my little diamond-shaped door window, and I realize that it's not rain. It's wind. And not just any wind, it's the strongest, loudest wind I've ever heard. Right up there with hurricanes. The tall pines around my house are swaying violently, and I'm worried that another one will end up through my roof, just like during the ice storm last year. But no trees fall on my house. The good thing about the ice storm was that it got rid of all but the strongest trees and limbs, so when the hurricane came though last summer and now with this windstorm, only smaller branches fell (at least on my house), and the damage wasn't as severe as it could have been. Once again, there are lots of people here cursing Duke Power as they sit in their dark houses. I should also note that the folks that live in the nice neighborhoods and country clubs here get their power restored immediately, while those of us who live in trailers and not-so-expensive houses have to wait. Go figure, since the folks in the fancy-schmancy neighborhoods probably all have generators anyway. I guess I can't complain, though. My power is on. I'm just reminded of the 10 days I spent without it during the ice storm. At least it isn't freezing outside.

Today's Weather: The wind has died down, and it's sunny and about 45 degrees. That was some cold front.
Song going through my head: Some of the fast music that we play here at Curves for people working out. It's amazing how, when you spend your days listening to music that's all 140 beats per minute, everything else starts sounding slow. (=
 
Comments: Post a Comment
the title of this blog is in imitation of a friend and former camp counselor's clipboard. she called it her brain. so this is mine. i imagine that it will turn out to be mostly a collection of ramblings and interesting finds, most likely read only by the author herself.

Me, at the moment...

How am I feeling?

How am I feeling?

What am I reading?

Music? All sorts.

In my free time? Mostly, studying up on my STN command-line searching skills.

Last movie I saw? Rented: Watched Batman Begins again last night at home. In a theatre: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! At the IMAX! Before that: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! In the regular theater!

How's the weather where I am?

The WeatherPixie


Blogs of people I know:

Caligulawyer

Capital City Desk

Quest for Coffee, by my buddy Daryn.

just be

Verdone Unit

Bollywool

in a loud voice


More info:

ISTJ spoken here.

Cancer sun, Cancer rising, moon in Libra.

Born in the year of the snake.

Here's what the World's Easiest Personality Test says about me!


ARCHIVES
02.04 / 03.04 / 04.04 / 05.04 / 06.04 / 07.04 / 08.04 / 09.04 / 11.04 / 08.05 / 09.05 / 03.06 / 10.06 / 11.06 / 09.07 / 07.08 /


Site Meter