<$BlogRSDURL$>
Friday's Brain
Thursday, March 18, 2004
  A random rant...
It's raining today in Chapel Hill. Again. That's four days in a row. It was really hard to motivate myself to get out of the house and onto campus for management this morning. After class, which had a CPA as a guest speaker to teach us about accounting (sound dull? it was actually all right, for a talk about accounting.), I rode the bus home. I have about a block to walk along Airport Road (NC 86) from the bus stop to my house. Normally I walk on the dirt past the bike lane on the road so I won't interfere with bike traffic. I figure that today there aren't many bikes out since it's pouring, and since the dirt has been transformed to a muddy mess, I tried walking at the outside of the bike lane. Bad plan. I nearly got run off the road by about three different SUVs. I mean, I know they're big vehicles. I did drive one for a long time. Even so, I never had nearly as much trouble staying in my lane. I started counting. Of the approximately 16 cars that passed me during my 1.5 block walk, four strayed over the line into the bike lane. Almost all were barreling by at a speed much greater than the posted 35 mph. One honked its horn, though I don't think it was at me.

When did we all go and get in so much of a hurry that we forgot how to be courteous? What happened to sidewalks? There are plenty of them in this town, just not along my stretch of road. They're all in the rich white neighborhoods and downtown. For a city with such a nice public transportation system, we don't do much to ensure that riders won't be mowed down on their way home. Argh.

Today's Weather: Rainy and cold. See above.
Song going through my head: Some old CCR stuff. How random is my brain?
 
Comments: Post a Comment
the title of this blog is in imitation of a friend and former camp counselor's clipboard. she called it her brain. so this is mine. i imagine that it will turn out to be mostly a collection of ramblings and interesting finds, most likely read only by the author herself.

Me, at the moment...

How am I feeling?

How am I feeling?

What am I reading?

Music? All sorts.

In my free time? Mostly, studying up on my STN command-line searching skills.

Last movie I saw? Rented: Watched Batman Begins again last night at home. In a theatre: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! At the IMAX! Before that: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! In the regular theater!

How's the weather where I am?

The WeatherPixie


Blogs of people I know:

Caligulawyer

Capital City Desk

Quest for Coffee, by my buddy Daryn.

just be

Verdone Unit

Bollywool

in a loud voice


More info:

ISTJ spoken here.

Cancer sun, Cancer rising, moon in Libra.

Born in the year of the snake.

Here's what the World's Easiest Personality Test says about me!


ARCHIVES
02.04 / 03.04 / 04.04 / 05.04 / 06.04 / 07.04 / 08.04 / 09.04 / 11.04 / 08.05 / 09.05 / 03.06 / 10.06 / 11.06 / 09.07 / 07.08 /


Site Meter