<$BlogRSDURL$>
Friday's Brain
Sunday, March 21, 2004
  Oh, to be three...
I spent much of my afternoon and evening with the three-year-old daughter of some friends of mine while they attended an event to benefit her pre-school. Kids that age amaze me. They're more than willing to ask you any question that pops into their little heads. They're totally unaware of boundaries and modesty. They're just kids. She spent a long period of time telling me all about her favorite things: animals, fruit, ice cream flavors, crafts. And she remembered that I had told her my favorite color is green. She looked at me while we were drawing pictures with crayons and said, "And here's a green one. I know how much you like green." No kidding. Later, when we were writing letters on her Magna-Doodle, she asked me to tell her the letters to write to spell my name. When I told her that the first letter is "S" she looked and me and asked me if I would write it, saying, "S is very difficult." There's nothing that'll get your mind off of whatever is bogging it down like spending time with a small child.

Today's Weather: Hmm. Cooler and windy tonight. They say it'll be cold tomorrow as well.
Song going through my head: A jumble of nursery-rhyme songs, thanks largely to the time spent with a preschooler tonight. (=
 
Comments: Post a Comment
the title of this blog is in imitation of a friend and former camp counselor's clipboard. she called it her brain. so this is mine. i imagine that it will turn out to be mostly a collection of ramblings and interesting finds, most likely read only by the author herself.

Me, at the moment...

How am I feeling?

How am I feeling?

What am I reading?

Music? All sorts.

In my free time? Mostly, studying up on my STN command-line searching skills.

Last movie I saw? Rented: Watched Batman Begins again last night at home. In a theatre: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! At the IMAX! Before that: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! In the regular theater!

How's the weather where I am?

The WeatherPixie


Blogs of people I know:

Caligulawyer

Capital City Desk

Quest for Coffee, by my buddy Daryn.

just be

Verdone Unit

Bollywool

in a loud voice


More info:

ISTJ spoken here.

Cancer sun, Cancer rising, moon in Libra.

Born in the year of the snake.

Here's what the World's Easiest Personality Test says about me!


ARCHIVES
02.04 / 03.04 / 04.04 / 05.04 / 06.04 / 07.04 / 08.04 / 09.04 / 11.04 / 08.05 / 09.05 / 03.06 / 10.06 / 11.06 / 09.07 / 07.08 /


Site Meter